Seasonal Work and Maintenance Program
Community Labor Team – by donationlink above to send in your S.W.A.M.P. requests for Future Cents
The Seasonal Work and Maintenance Program (S.W.A.M.P.) team seeks to assist non-profit and not-for-profit organizations, as well as individuals who are most in need within the community (Seniors [65+] and Disabled Individuals). We provide youth for labour oriented tasks both large and small (subject to equipment availability), which not only provides a well needed service, but also gives our program participants valuable experience in a range of fields.
Requirements to access the SWAMP team:
- Non-profit or not-for-profit organizations
- A supervisor from the requesting agency must be present for coordination at all times
- Seniors (65+)
- Disabled Individuals
- Partner Agencies to Future Cents program
Things to keep in mind:
- Our available equipment is limited. Hand tools only
- Are not permitted to operate heavy machinery
- We are available on Thursdays, but can be flexible, so make sure to ask
- There is no guarantee on our work as we are not professionals
- We do not do jobs which workers must be licensed or ticketed
- Future Cents is not liable for broken tools
- Contributions are not mandatory, but donations toward additional SWAMP equipment is always appreciated.
- We are not a weekly service. (ie. Regular snow removal/lawn mowing)
- Services are subject to availability.